Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This Aint No...



Let me make this clear to you...





I HAVE OPTIONS.





This ain't no self-righteous, independent woman rant.





I'm not gonna be running around butt naked in the woods, burning my bra in a bonfire, and yelling "I AM WOMAN HERE ME ROAR!"





These are the facts. Hard evidence.





I HAVE OPTIONS.





CHOICES.





I was born into a family of deep thinkers.





My father, changed the lives of thousands of inner city youth in the Washington Metropolitan Area.





My mother a rhetorician at best. Humanitarian in the flesh.





Their microcosmic connection, intertwined with the genealogy of generations of men and women who thought deeply...





There I was created, meticulously designed by God.





I am blessed by default.





This ain't no feminists ideology.





I won't be rallying the troops on Capitol Hill, with t-shirts that read: "Pussies Unite", while lobbying congress to take abortion out of the Health care Bill.





This is truth. The honest to God truth.





I HAVE OPTIONS.





I HAVE CHOICES.





I CHOOSE to...





Love without expectation.





Make the most out of what I am given.





Give my last to those in need.





Entrap myself in education.





Fight for what I believe in.

Die for the love of the Arts.






Never be ashamed of who I am.





Keep my legs closed.





Keep my heart open.





See the world.





And most importantly put God first in all I do.





This ain't no motivational speech.





I'm not going to cry on Dr. Phil's couch while he tells me some philosophical BS about being in touch with my feelings.





I must choose wisely.





Because I HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY.





Look at me.





Walking around here with my head held high.





Standing on the backs of those who fought and lost their lives so that I might have a choice!


Jim Crowed to death.

KKK American terrorism at it's best!




How dare I not make the most of the opportunities so many died fighting for?





That is MY history. Sweet liberty.





This aint no revolutionary ideology.





I won't be Jesse Jackson crying on Election Day after jealously, publicly humiliating my "brother" on national television.





I HAVE OPTIONS





I HAVE CHOICES.





I HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY.





This is reality. My reality.





So please don't be confused.





There is nothing average about me.





Watch how you address me.





I am favored.





Fearfully yet wonderfully made.





I won't let any minor obstacles stop me.





My fears don't define me.





My tears won't break me.


My ancestors walk beside me.




My choices are the bridge towards fulfilling my promise.





Consider yourself blessed to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment