Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Bday Reflections III: 38 - The Midas Year

It’s the day before my 38th birthday! I’m currently on the train heading to NYC to bring in my birthday with a few of my friends. I feel like 37 went by so fast it’s actually quite scary. I spent the year in quarantine like most people but when I did emerge from the house I experienced memories that will last for a lifetime. I was a bridesmaid in my closie Ashy’s wedding, spent a week with my youngest Goddaughter in Chicago, traveled to Mexico with my Mommy, and most recently help throw an epic baby shower for Ashy! Creatively I kept pushing by writing and curating new media content. I also am making progress on the documentary I’m working on. I liked year 37 in all of its solitude due to the pandemic. 


As I transition into year 38, I’m calling this The Midas Year. This term was prophesied over my life by my Jam. “This is gonna be your Midas year,” she said. Do you guys know the story of King Midas? Well, you know I love a good story, chile.  


King Midas is one of the popular kings in Greek Mythology. Because of King Midas’s nature of kindness and hospitality, Dionysus offered him one wish. Midas wished that whatever he touched be turned into gold. The wish was granted. Now, seemingly that’s cool right? Thing is Midas ain’t think that thing through, chile. Men, boy I tell ya! Everything and I do mean everything he touched turned to gold. He accidentally killed his daughter Zoë because when he touched her she turned to dead gold. He couldn’t touch his food because it too would turn to gold. Midas ended up dying of starvation. 


In year 38 I’m taking this centuries old mythological legend and perfecting it. Call me, Queen Midas. This time I’ll be placing God at the center in affirmation that everything I touch WILL turn to gold. Plain and simple, I will live my life at its purest, most authentic, and highest quality state. I declare and decree that whatever I desire in this year WILL happen in this year and will happen in abundance. 


That new job I want, I will get and I will be the best woman for the job. - GOLD


My prayers for financial wealth, wellness and wisdom for me and all generations of my family will be in motion this year. - GOLD


My mental and physical health will continue to blossom this year. - GOLD


That business I want to start will get started this year. - GOLD


The projects I want to complete will get completed this year. - GOLD


All my relationships will continue to bring support, love, and joy this year. - GOLD


Who I am and want to be as a creative in the world will manifest itself this year. - GOLD


Because I’ve been blessed with the Midas touch. 


Year 38, WILL be The Midas Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment