Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tackling the Issues Part I


To My Beloved Readers:


My transition into adulthood has been smooth. I'm definitely still evolving because I am not where I want to be. Its very easy to fall into this trap where you become comfortable with your surroundings and stifle your own growth. After finishing grad school I moved back home with my mother. I finished graduate school in 2007 it is now 2010 and I am STILL home! Yes, go head and say it WTF! Lol. However, some would say I have been productive, I worked for President Obama, started my own Theatre Company, and even got a job working in the United States Senate. I haven't let my talents or gifts go to waist. I give them back by working with children at C.M.H and I choreograph dances for the youth and adult dancers at my church. I go to church more than the average human being, help where needed, and give back to my community.


I should feel a sense of fulfillment right? Proud of my accomplishments in such a short time right?


I actually feel stuck. Stifled. No room to grow or express myself without constant scrutiny about who I am or that my visions or goals are just too big. I've allowed the very best in me to hide behind what others want me to be. Even then in an effort to please others they still are not pleased.


So, right now in this moment I am going to take a step by step look at what is making me unhappy, what my role is in my unhappiness, and what I can do to fix my problems. Its time I start to focus on me and how I can get out of "Babylon" physically and mentally...Follow me as I tackle these issues as I know many of you are going through the same things.


Peace & Blessings,


Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment