Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tackling The Issues Part III: Lil Girls, Lil Secrets, Lil Lies, Lil Lives


"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid, there's a million toys at Toys-R-Us that I can play with..."


I love that commercial.


Being a little girl, where the only worries you had were what outfit you were going to wear to school or whether or not to check the yes or no box on Brandon's letter asking you to be his girlfriend, had to be the easiest time in my life. I'm not necessarily saying I want to go back to the days of barrettes and plaid pleated skirts, but I do often reminisce on the easiness of it all. One common thing I remember from Elementary School to High School is that there was always a group of girls that would reap havoc in the school. They would make fun of you, talk behind your back, tell lies, and gossip yet smile in your face everyday.


Not much has changed since I have been out of school. These same girls have grown into lil girl women. They still operate the same, spreading lil girl gossip, telling lil girl lies, keeping lil girl secrets all behind your back. The difference from then and now is that they sit at your dinner table, call your phone, claim to be your friend yet slandering your name from the very same lips they kiss you on your cheek with.


These so-called "friends", family members, and co-workers sleigh me. I don't understand their methodology nor do I condone it. Quite frankly, the thought of them boils my blood. If you don't like me don't associate yourself with me. What's so hard about that concept? Interaction with these women spark all types of emotions within me but for the most part I shut down for fear of lashing out. It's nothing more devastating than being loyal to people who aren't loyal to you.


Solution:


Lil girl women are everywhere. There's honestly nothing you can do about it. Be strong inspite of what they may say about you. They are merely focusing on you in order to camouflage their own flaws. Don't seek retaliation. Pray, write, cry and even vent to someone you know you can trust. Don't allow your spirit to be broken. If you observe the lil girl women carefully you will see that behind it all they are nothing without each other. They need one another to keep themselves afloat. Don't be afraid to stand alone. In the end you will be standing in your promise and they will still be lil girl women, telling lil girl lies, reaping lil girl havoc and living lil girl lives. They will have never been anywhere and never have done anything but be a lil girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment