Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Interview w/Love


One of my favorite love scenes hands down has got to be from "Dirty Dancing"...


..:Baby sneaks off to Johnny's (Patrick Swayze) cabin and they dance their way into a sexual escapade..: The best part about their exchange is the way he dips her in a swooping motion. The way she releases her upper body and closes her eyes, you watch her surrender herself to him. The song in the background says: "don't you feel like crying"....*sighs*


HELL YEA I FEEL LIKE CRYING!!!!!!!!!! Hollywood had me mentally screwed as a child thinking love was one family vacation/dance lesson away. I begged my mother to take me to Castkill Resort! And guess what? Castkill Resort doesn't even exists!


MESSAGE TO HOLLYWOOD: KILL YOURSELF!


Don't judge me. I'm just saying, why paint the picture that love is easy when clearly its one of the most hardest things to undertake during your lifetime?

___________________________________________________________________


I wanted to interview Love for this blog, so I contacted her publicist and set up a meeting with her at Starbucks Coffee. Our meeting was at 6:00 p.m. I arrived about 15 minutes early to make sure I could find us a table. I found the perfect table facing a painting of a little girl and boy holding hands by a lake (quite symbolic don't you think). Around 5:55 p.m. I went and ordered our drinks. Her publicist informed me that she was very particular about her drink and gave me exact instructions on what to order. Love wanted a Venti Dark Cherry Mocha with two shots of espresso, extra hot, with extra whipped cream. I took our drinks to the table and waited for her to arrive. 6:15 p.m. NO LOVE. 6:45 p.m. STILL NO LOVE. I waited and waited for her and she never showed. At 9:00 p.m. the cashier gently tapped me on my shoulder and said "I'm sorry Ma'am but we are closing for the evening." Disappointed, I got up brushed the Banana Walnut Bread off my dress, gathered my things and left. I didn't hear anything from Love or her publicist.


About a month later, Love called. She apologized for missing the interview and wanted to schedule a time and date to meet. This time we were to meet at her home on a Friday at 10:00 p.m. It was clear that I was waiting, but she was in control and I was on her time. I accepted the invitation. When I arrived at her house her assistant answered the door and led me to the parlor. Her house had simplistic yet thought out decor. There were pictures of captured memories all in black and white strategically placed around the house. I sat down in the parlor and waited for her to join me. As I looked around the room I noticed a framed picture. The only picture in the house that was in color. I was intrigued so I got up to get a closer look...I picked up the frame and in the picture lied my face, my eyes, my smile, my body...me. I took the picture, grabbed MY PURSE...and left.


I realized while I was waiting for Love. Love was right here. Inside of me. All of the broken hearts, lost loved ones, tests, and trials are all faded/fading memories. I am light. I am love.

2 comments:

  1. I inadvertently ran into love. She showed up consistently for about six months but disappeared after she borrowed my Prada wallet. Good thing I don't have any money in it.

    ReplyDelete