Friday, April 9, 2010

Good Morning Spring


Good Morning Spring,


I love waking up to your breeze across my face. The birds chit chatting outside my window with you about their plans for the day. Friday. I rush to the door to greet you. Sun is shining. Warm embrace. Soft cool caress. You amaze me. Every living creature is awaken from their Winter slumber to see you. You are a Queen. Regal and just. When you smile we smile with you. When you cry their is growth from your tears. "April showers bring May flowers." You've got the girls feeling loose as a goose. Halter tops with no bra on and white linen pants no drawls on. They switch hard down Pennsylvania Avenue hoping you will grant them one of your Spring Flings. Hahahaha. I laugh with you as we stand in line for Rita's Italian Ice. I dance with you in a long flowing dress, a clutch purse, and sandals with bright yellow pedicured toes playing peek-a-boo. I hold hands with you in the park. Listen to the echos of children's laughter while they play in the essence of the sun. Fresh peaches and strawberries at the fruit stand. Two lovers in the distance kissing away the cold and longing for steamy nights. I breathe you. Your frangrance is so sweet. You smell of Pops ribs grilling at the family barbecue, Coconut and Jojoba Oil, and Dandelions. A season of allergies, yet fresh and rejuvenating. A season of finance and "taxation without representation". Cherry Blossoms. A season of colors, of love, of dreams, of change, of transformation, of renewal. I love when you are here. I long for you when you are gone.


Good Morning Spring...Good Morning God.

No comments:

Post a Comment