Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Sleeping Angel


I watch you sleep. Listen to you breathe. Deep sighs of moments gone by. You've been hurt but you've hurt...me. I steal kisses as you sleep.
Have you ever kissed an angel?
My angel at rest. I smile at the way you wrinkle your forehead in confusion of your dreams.
I wonder what an angel dreams about?


I'm lost in you. Nothing to hold on to but you. *kiss*


You taste of cocoa and peppermint...and menthol. I wish you'd stop smoking. *kiss*


I want to protect you, your heart. I need you to protect me, my heart. *kiss*


Your skin, God painted perfectly. Every shade, every hue...he made you for me. I wish you believed. *kiss*


I bury my head in your chest just to be closer to your heart.
Have you ever listened to an angel's heart?
She cries. She sings. I love her song. I let go of all worry and doubt in her rhythm. She's calling me. I'm scared. I've never been in love like this before. *kiss*


My tears find rest on your halo.
You wrap me up in your wings.


I watch you sleep. My angel.

I watch you dream.

I talk with you.

I love you.

I steal kisses. Have you ever kissed an angel?

I...need...you.

There is so much I want to say....

If only I could tell you while you're awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment