Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Love vs. Saturdays




26.


Never been in a real relationship.


Virgin.




I accepted the fact that I might very well be spending the rest of my life with my mother and paying cash dollars for a couple of In Vitro Fertilization "Design-a-baby" sessions.




I had it all planned out. I was going to get rich, buy a big home in South Africa or on some island somewhere, move my mother in with me, spend my days raising my BLAsian (Black and Asian) "Design-a-Baby" kids (a boy and a girl), and write until my days on this planet came to an end. No husband. No companion (except for a Yorkie of course).




Then I fell in love with you. You have altered my plans. I am now opening up my already closed book of life and writing your name in ink. Not pencil.


That's right yall I got it bad.



I'm sick when I can't see you, lonely if I can't talk to you, and when I can't be around you...cardiac arrest.




And then there is Love vs. Saturday...




Saturdays are supposed to be the climax of the weekend. You wake up late and nurse Friday night's hangover. No work. Just relaxing and enjoying your freedom.




Not for me.



On Saturdays I have to put on all my armor and enter the battlefield, with you.


Round One: We argue.


Round Two: You break up with me.


Round Three: Bells ring. It's a knock out!



It never fails.




EVERY SATURDAY.




No hesitation.




No contemplation.




I get slapped with "I don't want to be with you anymore", followed with an uppercut from "You are just like all the other girls I have dated."




I really need to take a long look in the mirror. Although I seemingly preplanned my life very carefully. There are times when I snuck and whispered in God's ear: "God, if you have someone in mind for me...have your way." I secretly wanted love. I secretly prayed for love.




NOTE TO SELF: Be careful what you ask God for. He answers prayers. But are you sure that's what you want?




It is what I wanted...or at least I thought.




But I never wanted to get in the ring...Love vs. Saturdays.


I never wanted to wake up scared to see Saturdays.


I never wanted to cry on Saturdays.


I never wanted to feel low on Saturdays.



I never wanted to get knocked out on Saturdays.


I never wanted heartache because of Saturdays.




26.

At the peak of my life.

In love.

Scared of Saturdays.

Scared of love.


What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment