Monday, June 21, 2010

Bliss. Father's Day.


bliss [blis]

-noun


1. supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment: wedded bliss.

2. Theology. the joy of heaven.

3. heaven; paradise: the road to eternal bliss.

4. Archaic. a cause of great joy or happiness.


Bliss: A place I yearn to dwell.


.:Does bliss really exist?:.


The human spirit and flesh are weak. We all are walking around seeking bliss in other humans. This way of life is extremely moronic but very real nonetheless. We build relationships hoping that bliss will manifest and engulf itself throughout our lives.


Being alone or lonely is not an option...


"I love you": Three words that can ultimately send you to a blissful stratosphere. You get this feeling of completion followed by a seemingly undying urge to give of yourself without ceasing. Your entire being is wrapped up in the essence of your lover. You trust them, surrender to them, and devote your life to them. As long as they tell you "I love you" that's enough...right?


"SWA Flight 2232 to Baltimore, BWI your flight is delayed. Your expected departure time is now 9:00 pm. We do apologize. Feel free to walk around but make sure you are back at the terminal by 8:30 pm. Relax ladies and gentleman this could be a long night."


Great. Just great. Its Father's Day, June 20, 2010. I am stuck in the airport freezing and trying to find the right words to express my frustration on my voyage to live my life in utter bliss. Happiness is a high priority for me because I have been so unhappy for so long. I'm holding on to things that I probably will never quite get over. To top it all off it's Father's Day and my Father is dead. I am walking around with an indescribable pain in my chest every single day.


I have never stopped leaning on Jesus for comfort and peace, but I will admit I've turned to friendships and my relationship to fill my void and they haven't. A few happy moments aren't substitutes for blissless nights.


What can be said? What can be done?

bliss: Theology only. a non tangible, segregated occurrence.

It happens for some. Just not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment