Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Doorway Between Freedom & Forever


Slowly I walked into Forever.


Manipulated into thinking that love had no secrets.


I am all packed and ready to go.


Standing in the doorway between Freedom and Forever.


I become weak and my legs won't move.


My back is turned away from Forever and I am facing Freedom.


Forever calls me saying, "Don't leave me...Baby, I need you."


I turn around.


My face wet with the anxiety of my tears.


Forever holds out his hand.


"You forgot something Baby..." he says.


In his hand lies my heart....


I get frantic.


.:I thought I packed her:.


"GIVE HER BACK!"..."PLEASE!"


.:She's all I have:.


.:She's all of me:.


Forever kisses her and holds her tight.


"Don't worry baby, I got her, I got you, I love you, I'm so sorry..."


My legs once stationery move towards Forever.


.:I love you:.

.:I can't leave:.


I turn to face the door to Freedom.


She beckons for me to come forth.


She whispers: "Life is sweeter on the other side...just let go."
.:She has a point:.
.:"I can do bad all by myself":.


I look at my Forever with my heart in his hands...


I look at Freedom with promise in her hands...


My legs begin to move.


I walk slowly towards....




No comments:

Post a Comment