Monday, June 7, 2010

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly." Part I--The Favor List


Today's post is part one of a three part epilogue entitled: "What a caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly (Quote by Richard Bach)."


My birthday is in three days. An ending of my 26th year of life. Its extremely hard for me to watch my 20's slipping by. I will be 27. WOOF!...


.:I long for my undergraduate days in Chicago. No care in the world. Free in the heartbeat of the Windy City:.


I have no regrets. I probably have done more in 27 years of living than many people will ever do. I am grateful. Immensely grateful. God's favor over my life is infectious.


So, today I am composing my first Favor List. The Favor List is a list of significant accomplishments I have made throughout my life. You have to acknowledge where you have been to get where you are going.


Here we go:



  • High School graduate.

  • Graduated with honors from Columbia College Chicago with a B.A.

  • Graduated with honors from Syracuse University with a M.A.

  • One of two to graduate first from my program at Syracuse University.

  • Started my own Theatre Company, Soulfly Theatre Society.

  • Directed a successful fundraising production of The Vagina Monologues.

  • Pledged Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

  • Worked for President Barack Obama when he was a Senator.

  • Worked for Senator Roland W. Burris (the only Black Senator in the Senate).

  • Traveled to South Africa.

  • Traveled to Senegal.

  • Traveled to The Gambia.

  • Traveled to Paris, France.

  • Traveled to London, England.

  • Traveled to Iceland.

  • Served homeless women for 2 years at Deborah's Place.

  • Served inner city youth through Family Matters of Greater Washington's Camp Moss Hollow.

  • Acted in several plays.

  • Won several oratorical contests.

  • Choreographer for Divine Order Adult Dance Ministry.

I've done a lot in such a short time. I love the woman I am and the woman I will become. Thank you God for these blessings. I love the Master for he has placed his hand over my life. My possibilities are endless. My faith will never die. Looking up with a prayerful heart and open arms for whatever is next...


Stay tuned for Part II...

No comments:

Post a Comment